Cucumber Bites: A Fresh Delight for Any Occasion
Have you ever tried a dish that disappeared in seconds? At our most recent celebration, we served Cucumber Bites with Herbed Cream Cheese and tomato. It was an instant success! Let me tell you about this delectable appetizer that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
A Taste of the Mediterranean
Cucumber Bites with Herbed Cream Cheese & Tomato combine the best Mediterranean cuisine in a single bite-sized treat. This recipe delivers a perfect combination of crunchiness, creaminess, and juiciness using fresh ingredients. It’s a delicious appetizer and a healthy choice for your next gathering.
Versatile and Easy to Serve
Whether planning an elegant dinner party or a casual get-together, these cucumber bites are versatile. They can be served as an elegant appetizer or light snack to satisfy any craving. Pair them with a vibrant mixed green salad or some perfectly seasoned sweet potato fries for a complete and satisfying meal. Can you imagine the burst of flavors coming alive in your mouth?
A Refreshing Contrast for Your Cheese and Charcuterie Board
If you’re a fan of cheese and charcuterie boards, these cucumber bites contrast the rich flavors of the cheese and cured meats. The combination of the cool cucumber, tangy herbed cream cheese, and juicy tomato will make your taste buds dance with joy. It’s the perfect way to balance the flavors and create a unique and delightful experience.
Recipe: Cucumber Bites with Herbed Cream Cheese & Tomato
- 2 English cucumbers, sliced into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (you can cut them in half if preferred)
- Herb spread (store-bought or make your own with the ingredients below)
For the herb spread:
- 16 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of minced parsley
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of dill
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- If you’re using the homemade version, combine all the herb spread ingredients until smooth.
- Gently hollow out the cucumber using a melon baller.
- Spread the herb mixture on the cucumber slices or pipe it using a pastry bag for an elegant touch.
- Place a tomato on each piece (you can cut them in half for a visually appealing look). To add a final touch, garnish with a small parsley leaf.
- Refrigerate the cucumber bites covered until serving
Refrigerate the bites until you’re ready to impress your guests.
Serve with a symphony of Mediterranean flavors in each bite.