A devastated husband went from expecting the arrival of his daughter with the woman he loves to being a widower without his child in the space of 15 hours.

In a picture shot at her unanticipated baby shower five days before she passed away, Heidi Renton appeared to be in good health and spirits.

The therapeutic radiographer from Nottingham University Hospital clutches her nine-month-pregnant belly while wearing a pink sash with the words “Mummy-to-be.” Her smile is enormous! She must be ecstatic to have a child.

Engineer Craig at RAF Waddington in Lincolnshire remembered Susan having a great day. Chrissy, a cousin, and her mother assisted in organizing the shower.

One day, when Craig got home from work, he was surprised to see tea, sweets, baby talk, and baby garments with drawn patterns.

However, he found Heidi sick the following Friday.

After speaking with the doctor, who advised us to take her to the hospital because she was pregnant, we decided.

We thought that it might be the unborn child. It was conceivable because the deadline was August 12. We were both nervous and excited. Our much-anticipated first kid was born.

To go to Kings Mill Hospital in Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, Craig, and Heidi traveled 20 miles. There was no birth room at their local hospital in Newark, despite the fact that Heidi needed to attend her scans and midwifery sessions.

Fortunately, Heidi woke up for a moment, and Craig felt better. Craig remembered, “I was horrified. I quickly pulled over to the side of the road.”

He was parked on the side of the road when Heidi had a seizure, and he quickly dialed 911, feeling helpless and distraught.

The man saw that she began to sweat and that her lips had become blue, as though she had run out of oxygen.

A woman who just happened to be a nurse drove over as I waited for an ambulance. She started checking her respiration and her pulse.

During their emergency ambulance ride to King’s Mill, Craig held his wife’s hand as she lay on the ground before they were immediately taken to the hospital’s resuscitation department.

Craig was impatiently waiting in the family room. He had only said goodbye to her hours earlier, so how could she be lying in a hospital bed?

He saw the medical staff leaving the room with their faces dripping with tears. One approached him and said something to him that would never leave him.

The man said, “I regret hearing about your wife’s passing. I do have some good news, though. You have a daughter.”

While another medical team worked to revive his wife, Craig was too startled to be ready to meet his daughter, who had been delivered through emergency Caesarean.

He said, “I went immediately to see Heidi,” and described how lovely she looked as she lay in the hospital bed.

“When I told her I loved her and was proud of her for being a mother, I started crying.”

With the news that their daughter had passed away and they now had a granddaughter, Craig called the wife’s family. This turn of events naturally confused the family.

Sadly, his daughter went through a series of tests, and there was no good news.

She was showing no mental activity. It’s believed that the lack of oxygen caused Heidi’s seizure affected her, and they predicted that she would pass away.

After losing his wife and daughter, Craig must adapt to life without them. Craig doesn’t want anyone to be discouraged from having children because of this unusual circumstance, even though the reason for their deaths is unclear.

Even though he is still getting used to living without them, he is happy that his daughter managed to win his heart before she passed away.

While attending Sheffield Hallam University as undergraduates, Craig and Heidi became friends. Craig noticed Heidi laughing with friends at a gathering and instantly fell in love.

“While she was here with us, Heidi was quite content. Throughout the scans and visits, Heidi was unharmed, and we could see her heartbeat, indicating that she was in good health. Unfortunately, within about 15 hours, Heidi passed away, and Isabella was born but shortly went away.

Craig and Heidi first connected when they were both students, but their romance was distance-based.

Craig was a fifth-year student at his Birmingham-based parents’ school, and Heidi was a fourth-year student.

While Heidi worked as a therapeutic radiographer in Birmingham, Craig was an RAF engineer stationed in Coningsby, Lincolnshire.

They frequently went skiing and out on the town. After getting their degrees, they moved in together and refurbished Heidi’s grandmother’s old home.

Craig was a romantic at heart. After proposing to Heidi, he turned her unexpected birthday celebration into an engagement party.

With a chuckle, he recalled Heidi’s attempt to persuade him that an engagement ring should cost four times one’s monthly salary before she proposed.

Craig and Heidi got married and honeymooned in Leeds in 2014. He would have loved to start a family immediately, but they catered to Heidi’s desires because she was eager to travel. She lacked a flashy ring, but I believe she was happy. “I’m happy we did; it was fantastic.”

When Craig and Heidi learned that Heidi was expecting, they were happy. They had intended to keep the information a secret, but since she frequently drank at weddings, everyone became aware when she abstained. The happy couple began nursery decoration and other baby-related preparations.

My wife’s life was given every chance by the hospital professionals to be saved, but sadly, both she and our child passed away. I appreciate everything done for her, and I know that the hospital staff is devastated by her passing.

I want to send Mr. Renton and his family our heartfelt condolences.