Dylan Lupia, the beloved actor Michael Landon’s 24-year-old grandson, passed away when he was hit by a metro bus. His family is looking for answers.

Investigators claim that Lupia was struck while walking in the bike lane next to the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, California. The bus driver continued driving but pulled over less than two miles later to report that his bus had been vandalized.

Shawna Landon, Lupia’s mother, told the media that the family is heartbroken at her son’s passing and is looking for explanations. In addition, they are pleading with anyone who may have information to come forward.

The bus’s sole passenger was allegedly let off before the driver called the LA Metropolitan Transportation Authority to report that the bus had sustained damage from an unknown source. The driver could hardly have missed seeing Dylan Lupia wandering on the roadside, according to Lupia’s relatives.

The sixth of Michael Landon’s nine children, Shawna, questioned, “How did you miss the fact that you hit someone? How could you hit someone and not see it? It is not kind. It’s ridiculous.”

According to Shawna, her son Dylan was hit by a bus and left to perish by the side of the road. The driver allegedly didn’t stop along the way; he just kept going.

According to reports, the driver was questioned about the incident but not arrested. For her kid, Shawna is looking for an explanation and justice. Landon thinks her kid might have gone walking to visit his late grandma Lynn, Michael Landon’s second wife. “He might have just wanted to visit the house he remembers growing up in,” Shawna speculated.

Despite struggling with mental illness, Dylan Lupia, Landon’s son, was a wonderful child. He was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder when he was 14.

When the incident happened, he was living alone. The fact that Dylan Lupia’s silver Hyundai and keys have also vanished adds to the intrigue surrounding his death. Landon is driven to learn the truth and will stop at nothing to find it.

Detective Johan Schloegl, the case’s chief investigator, has promised the family that he is trying to uncover the truth. Schloegl states, “We are taking this seriously and looking over all the information, including video footage.

“The District Attorney’s office will review the inquiry when I’ve finished it to see whether there is sufficient proof to bring legal action. But rest assured that we are making every effort in the meanwhile.”

The family is in our thoughts and prayers, and we sincerely hope they are able to find the answers they need.